Newsletter Ads & Submissions
The OHCG Newsletter is included in your membership. Our 36 to 40 page, full-colour newsletter is printed quarterly and is full of informative articles for rug hookers. As a member of the OHCG, you may submit photos and articles to the Multi-Media Manager.
The Ontario Hooking Craft Guild welcomes all submissions.
Guidelines for Newsletter Submissions:
- Photos are taken at the best or highest setting on a camera. Small photos make bad pictures. The lowest resolution accepted is 300 dpi–400dpi is preferred–and a larger size is preferable; e.g. 6-8″ in the shortest dimension. If image is of lower resolution, but larger physically, it may be possible to create a printable image from the file (e.g. 72-180dpi and 24-36″ wide).
- Information needs to be typed in exactly as you would like it, although editing may be necessary, due to space restrictions.
- Articles, Teacher or Memorial features should be up to one page, including photos, or up to approximately 300 to 500 words. Shorter articles are fine.
- Simpler memorials can run from a sentence to be included in “In Remembrance”, to 30 to 60 words with a single photo.
- “Sunshine Corner” notes should be brief.
- Include your name, e-mail, Area Number, and Branch when sending stories or reports AND please include names of anyone in photos.
- Articles etc should be submitted electronically or on CD.
- Note: Area Representatives are to follow the format at the following link … Area Report Form is on the OHCG Forms page
Deadlines and Submissions
Please send jpg or pdf file to Multi Media Manager with information on size, and colour or B&W submissions. ALL IMAGES SHOULD BE 300dpi or higher; 400 is preferred.
Spring: February 15
Summer: April 15
Fall: July 15
Winter: October 15
Please send jpg or pdf file to Multi Media Manager with information on size, and colour or B&W submissions. ALL ADS SHOULD BE 300dpi or higher.
NOTE: Each Branch is to receive a 1/4 page free ad per year, for which high resolution images and finished texts should be submitted. The ad can be camera ready or composed by the Multi Media Manager.
1/2 page: horizontal/landscape 4.8″H x 7.75″ W
OR: 1/2 page vertical — 9.75″ H x 3.75″W (if available)
1/4 page: portrait/vertical: 4.75″ H x 3.75″W (NOT horizontal)
1/4 page $60
1/2 page $120
full page $240
Black and White Advertisements:
1/4 page $45
1/2 page $90
full page $180