Scissor sharpening — drop-off, pickup process
On Sat., May 5, a sharpening service is available at the OHCG 2018 Annual. The Sharpening Shoppe/JC’s Mobile Sharpening Service has been in business in the Ottawa area since 1985, and is well regarded in the community. (JC’s does the sharpening for customers of local Home Hardware stores.) JC’s has performed a similar service for quilter conventions, and has recommended this system of collection and return.
To have your scissors, thread snips or rotary cutter blades sharpened:
- Place all items for sharpening in a clear, sealable (zippered lock) bag. For safety reasons, remove any lanyards from scissors.
- Estimate the total cost of your order from the price list (below) and place exact or adequate cash in the bag. Change will be provided, if necessary.
- Label the bag on the outside, or on a paper clearly visible from the outside, with the following:
- your name
- phone number where you can be reached during the Annual
- number and type of items included
- amount of cash in bag
- Bring your bag to the Annual’s registration desk on Saturday morning between 9:30 am and 12:30 pm. A volunteer will place your name on a list, and note what you are having sharpened and the dollar value you have included.
- Pick up your items at our Annual registration desk between 4:30 and 6 pm on Saturday. We are not responsible for items that are not picked up during that time.